The has relocated

You should be automatically redirected in 6 or so seconds. Visit
http://www.ceetar.com/gvny/
and update your bookmarks.

I don't think many, if any, people link here at the moment, but if you do. Please now link here:

http://www.ceetar.com/gvny

Friday, November 21, 2008

Gassing Up in New Jersey


Gas! How could you not love gas prices in New Jersey?  It's on an average 25-30 cents cheaper here than it is back on Long Island.  Closer to 40 if you go a little further south or buy no-name gas.  This isn't really a big deal of course, it adds up to a couple of bucks a month, but hardly life-changing.  

A bigger difference is that in New Jersey, they don't trust you to touch the gas pumps.  The first time I filled up as a resident I went to go get out of the car and was initally confused why the attendent was talking to me.  Then I had a "Oh right, this is Jersey" moment and got back in the car.  It's nice sometimes, particularly when it's freezing out, but I really prefer to pump my own gas, not have to wait around on the attendent to come and go, and just be my general anti-social self.  Oh well.

It seems gas is going down in price again.  This is obviously good, I'm surprised it's ever gotten as low as it has now.  Personally, since gas prices are based on speculation or whatever, I don't know how they ever let it get this low, but that they did I'm glad.  Will it go down further? Only time will tell...however, if it shoots back up again come summer, it's just going to hurt that much more.

2 comments:

A Margarita said...

I think it's so crazy that they don't let you pump your own gas in Jersey. In Florida, if you asked the attendant (when there is one) to do it, they would laugh at you.

Ceetar said...

Considering it's so much cheaper, I guess it's worth it.